We all know that eating out can be a wrench in our healthy eating machine. Sydney Australia based dietitian Lyndi Cohen revealed the two words on a menu to avoid.
She also shared her tips and tricks for making a healthy restaurant order.
1. Avoid the words “crispy” and “crunchy”, which are code for foods with added fat and sugar.
2. Share a main like a pizza, and order your own salad to crowd out your meal with vegetables.
3. Order with dessert in mind to make you order less. Chances are by the time you get to dessert, you won't want it.
4. Keep the salad dressing on your salad, as the dressing is filled with oil which helps your body to absorb fat-soluble nutrients.
5. Think Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, bistros and sandwich bars when eating out.
I love Lyndi Cohen’s approach to nutrition! It’s simple, and fits into a real person’s life. I also followed her on Instagram, cause she made me laugh with this post.