Sometimes I really don't understand people. Actually, let me rephrase that...a lot of times.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office shared a video on Twitter of exactly what you're NOT supposed to do on the 4th of July...or any day for that matter.
A man holds a mortar-style firework, while his friend lights it. The man CONTINUES to hold it. The firework goes off, like it's supposed to, AND THEN EXPLODES IN THE MAN'S HAND! According to the the tweet, the man suffered injuries to his hand and chest, but is honestly lucky to be alive and have his hand in one piece.
Today local reporter @andrealyonTV asked about fireworks injuries in #Polk for #FourthofJuly2018 - there's 1 we know of & here's video of it @ a #LakeWales home. Drinking + holding a mortar tube = bad idea. He injured his hand & chest & is VERY lucky to be alive. pic.twitter.com/5uwncq5YqG— Polk County Sheriff (@PolkCoSheriff) July 5, 2018
Please, just use your brain! BE SAFE!!!