Trying to find hand sanitizer in stores right now is like trying to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, with a leprechaun there to congratulate you! EVERYWHERE is sold out because of the Coronavirus.
Well I stopped by Vitamin Shoppe on the way to work today to get some Elderberry, and they had a sign up front that I thought was brilliant; how to make your own hand sanitizer!! (See the ingredients below)
Now of course, some of the stuff they have listed is their brand of it, trying to sell it, but the basics are there for you to make it on your own!!
Just to make sure, I googled "making your own hand sanitizer", and here is how according to Healthline:
What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
- 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol)
- 10 drops of essential oil, such as lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice instead
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
- Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
- Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it “hand sanitizer.”
VOILA!! Your own hand sanitizer!
SHARE to stop this insanity of not being able to find hand sanitizer!!
(Photo: Getty Images)